The establishment of Ranaco Vocational College is one of the education transformation that aims to increase the enrollment of vocational and skills in Malaysia. One of the strategies is to increase the number of vocational colleges with smart partnership between the public and private sectors. On 10th July 2013, Ranaco Marine Sdn Bhd officially has been appointed by the Ministry of Education Malaysia to operate vocational colleges through public and private sector EPP: 13 to the Ministry of Education.
- Produce talented graduates to be semi - professional in various technical and maritime fields
- Educational opportunities in the field of maritime skills, oil & gas and industrial safety
- Empower vocational education equivalent to academic education
- Provide a clear career and pathway to the students
- Produce talented graduates who are able to become entrepreneurs.
Among the programme offered are :
- Diploma Vokasional Malaysia Teknologi Marin
- Diploma Vokasional Malaysia Kejuruteraan Kapal
- Diploma Vokasional Malaysia Pengajian Nautikal
What is interesting about this program is that it is a collaboration between RMSB with the Ministry of Education (MOE) to finance all the needs of students, including tuition fees, as well as accommodation. RVC is the only vocational colleges in Malaysia to offer such programs. The course duration is 4 years. Furthermore, document preparation industry for employment is provided.